Helena Bonham Carter is a goddess. Her hair is the 8th wonder of the world and many have tried to achieve the Bonham-Carter hair but have failed epically. She is truly wonderous. "Helenaists" are devoted to converting others to Helenaism and spreading "the Lord's" good word. Helenaists believe that Helena Bonham Carter is the most talented actress out there, and that it is impossible for her to make a bad movie. Followers of Helenaism also admire her for her individual style and fashion sense, her elegance, her wit, her beauty, her courage, and all of her outfits, right down to her z-coil shoes.
Helenaism was first established in May 2008 by the members of a sacred forum called helena-world.com. It was established in honor of the great Helena Bonham Carter. Actress, Mother, Role Model, Idol, Friend, Death Eater, Pie-Maker, Corset Queen.
Live life to the fullest, because you might die at any moment.
Break the mold and see that the world won't crumble.
Most importantly: Be. Your. Self. Also, through fashion, drama, and any other medium avaliable to you, pretend to be somebody else. Understanding and showing the world how it is possible to do both of these things at the same time is the ultimate lifestyle philosophy we preach.
- Spending hours on helena-world.com or mrs-lovett.org.
- Watching Helena movies repetitively.
- Thinking of her each night before going to sleep.
- Drinking Starbucks at least once a day.
- Purchasing recreations / sneaking off with the original version of Bellatrix's wand, and:
- Pointing it at a people while shouting, "Crucio!"
- Sticking it in people's ears like a Q-tip, so as to give their ears a clean. (Perforating any eardrums while performing this ritual should be considered sacred, yet horrific, and so ever after you must always shout, "Are you alright, love?" at the owner(s) of said eardrums whenever you see them.)
- Keeping it in your kitchen, and now and then waving it around so that all of a sudden, people pay attention to you!
- Snacking on Goji Berries(Wolfberries) and drinking Peppermint Tea.
- Singing Sweeney Todd Psalms.
- Using the religious term "lovett" (as in "love it") in everyday conversation, as a reference to the 2007 movie; Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, which features another Helenaist deity: Nellie Lovett.
- Using the religious term "Oh my Helena" to express a state of shock/excitement etc. This term can be abbreviated to "OMH" or "Holy Helena."
- Looking up words she uses in the dictionary.(Especially long, sophisticated ones, such as Bovine)
- Recite your prayer: "In the name of Tim Burton, of Billy Ray and Nell. Bovine!"
- Purchasing "pantaloonies" whenever possible, and wearing them on a regular basis to display your devotion.
- Eating marmite
- Living organic
- Singing "I killed Sirius Black *laughter*" in a witch-like voice whenever you're alone (or when surrounded by a large group of people, or randomly on the streets, pretty much wherever and whenever.)
- Dropping a glass on the floor and saying "it's done."
- Saying "I haven't been fucked like that since grade school" after every time you have sex.
- Saying "This is cancer, right?" whenever you enter a room.
- Reading any book containing the name Helena even if it is only one page.
- Looking at a picture / watching her movies at least once a day.
- Spreading the word of Helenaism, whether through post-its or word of mouth.
- Listening to Rufus Wainwright.
- Carrying Lulu Guinness bags.
- Ordering more than one drink (a double espresso, a glass of fizzy water, and an apple smoothie work best here, though feel free to get creative) and asking, "Is that all you want?" gently to everyone who fails to perform this ritual.
- Bowing to all pictures of Helena you see.
- Looking to achieve a fashion state where you can no longer recognize yourself (reaching enlightenment).
- Always follow the WWHD (What Would Helena Do) decision-making scheme.
Psalms of Worship Edit
- The Worst Pies in London (What will happen if we do not practice Helenaism often enough.)
- My Friends (Because the moment when Mrs. Lovett is close to Mr. Todd is brilliant.)
- Wait (Teaches us patience; all good things come to those who can wait.)
- A Little Priest (Teaches us not to waste anything.)
- God, That's Good! (Teaches up to enjoy our food.) [Best sung before, after, and during meals]
- By The Sea (The promise of Afterlife)
- Not While I'm Around (Pledging to protect her)
- Where Is My Mind - Pixies (To worship the greatest movie ending ever)
- Helena - My Chemical Romance (purely because the song name is Helena.)
- Tears to Shed (Teaches us that life is just a temporary state.)
- Talking in Your Sleep (speaks for itself)
- Dancing Queen - ABBA (ritualistic dance performed with a multi-coloured umbrella)
- Do you want to touch me (Oh Yeah) - Gary Glitter (You may perform a dance with this melody on the background, it symbolizes joy, freedom and daring.)
- J'en connais - Carla Bruni, from Conversations with Other Women (It is a song of meditation.)
- Heart and Soul (from the Heart of Me soundtrack)
- Helena Beat - Foster the People (Because it has her name in it)
- The Bovine Prayer, must be said whenever possible.
Our Helena, who art in pie shop,
Bovine be thy name.
Thy adjoining house come
Crucio will be done, on Potter
As it is on Longbottom.
Give us this day our daily pie,
And forgive us our throat slittings,
As we forgive those who throat slit upon us.
Lead us not into the oven
But deliver us from Molly Weasley,
For thine is the adjoined house, the Pantaloonies and the plugholes
Forever and ever,
- The Bellatrix Prayer, to be said before watching Harry Potter, meetings with fellow death eaters, or when ever you choose.
Our Bellatrix, who art in azkaban,
Deathly hallowed be thy Dark Lord's name.
Thy Death Eaters come,
Thy killings will be done,
On earth as it is in the most Noble and Ancient House of Black
Give us this day our daily pillage.
And forgive us our unforgiveable curses,
As we torture those who trespass against us.
And lead the Dark Lord's minions into temptation,
And deliver us to evil.
For thine is the Dark Lord, the power and the immortality.
For ever and ever, due to unspeakable horcruxes.
- The Christmas Carol!
On the first day of Christmas, Helena sent to me: pie and a boy named Toby
On the second day of Christmas, Helena sent to me: the wings of a dove, and a pie and a boy named Toby
On the third day of Christmas, Helena sent to me: three bovine cows, the wings of a dove, and a pie and a boy named Toby
On the fourth day of Christmas, Helena sent to me: four  pairs of pantaloonies, three  bovine cows, the wings of a dove, and a pie and a boy named Toby!
On the fifth day of Christmas, Helena sent to me: f ive tots of gin! four  pairs of pantaloonies, three bovine cows, the wings of a dove, and a pie and a boy named Toby!
On the sixth day of Christmas, Helena sent to me: six Tim's a-singing, five tots of gin! four  pairs of pantaloonies, three bovine cows, the wings of a dove, and a pie and a boy named Toby!
On the seventh day of Christmas, Helena sent to me: seven Lovetts sexing, Six Tim's a-singing, Five tots of gin! 4 pairs of pantaloonies, 3 bovine cows, The wings of a dove And a pie and a boy named Toby!
On the eighth day of Christmas, Helena sent to me: eight Nell's a-playing, seven Lovetts sexing, six Tim's a-singing, five tots of gin,  four pairs of pantaloonies,  three bovine cows, the wings of a dove, and a pie and a boy named Toby
On the ninth day of Christmas, Helena sent to me: nine filthy plugholes, eight Nell's a-playing, seven Lovetts sexing, six Tim's a-singing, five tots of gin! four  pairs of pantaloonies, three  bovine cows, the wings of a dove, and a pie and a boy named Toby
On the tenth day of Christmas, Helena sent to me: ten of Tim's toys, nine filthy plugholes, eight Nell's a-playing, seven Lovetts sexing, six Tim's a-singing, five tots of gin! 4 pairs of pantaloonies, 3 bovine cows, The wings of a dove And a pie and a boy named Toby
On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: eleven stripey socks, ten of Tim's toys, nine filthy plugholes, eight Nell's a-playing, seven Lovetts sexing, six Tim's a-singing, five tots of gin! four  pairs of pantaloonies, three bovine cows, the wings of a dove, and a pie and a boy named Toby
On the twelfth day of Christmas, Helena sent to me: twelve pairs of z-coils, eleven stripey socks, ten of Tim's toys, nine filthy plugholes, eight Nell's a-playing, seven Lovetts sexing, six Tim's a-singing, five tots of gin! four  pairs of pantaloonies, three  bovine cows, the wings of a dove, and a pie and a boy named Toby
- Thou shalt not give into the temptation of Molly Weasley and Lucy Barker.
- Thou shalt join the Death Eaters.
- Thou shalt torture little wizards.
- Thou shalt have a dirty laugh.
- Thou shalt celebrate Helena's birthday.
- Thou shalt love Mr. T.
- Thou shalt help the Dark Lord in his quest to destroy that little Potter boy.
- Thou shalt bake meat pies using human flesh.
- Thou shalt have the motto "Spick and Span".
- Thou shalt throw away their combs.
- Thou shalt respect Tim Burton.
- Thou shalt knock a tunnel through.
- Thou shalt not watch "The Apprentice".
- Thou shalt wear many items of clothing at once.
- Thou shalt wear more than one pair of glasses and many hats at once
- Thou shalt support those with multiple personalities.
- Thou shalt not steal. Unless it's jeans from the laundromat, or purses from dead barbers.
- Thou shalt tattoo a swallow on your bum.
- Thou shalt compare to breasts to food. (Including, but not limited to, oranges, melons, and chicken fillets.)
- Thou shalt be forgetful and proud of it.
- Thou shalt offer mints to people and if they ask you what it is, thou shalt reply "Mintt" and if person takes only one, thou shalt say, "Go on, have a couple!" (All this in Yorkshire accent.)
- Thou shalt only smoke Marlboro Lights and Silk Cut Extra Milds.
- Thou shalt fail ape school, and attend wand school.
- Thou shalt wear sunglasses, scarves, and adorable little mushroom hats.
- Thou shalt use long words, even while sleeping.
- Thou shalt scrapbook.
- Thou shalt refuse to die to Bananarama.
- Thou shalt shed the corsets.
- Thou shalt enjoy free and legal drugs.
- January 25 - Release of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007 film) in the UK
- May 26 (established 1966) - Birthday
- June 10 - the supposed birthday of Bellatrix Lestrange [source: http://xtheaftermathx.proboards92.com]
- July to August - Official Bovine Helenaist Awards. Voting: August 12. (Founded by Helenaist slytherin360.)
- August 12 - 23 on August the 12th day
- August 25 - Birth of Tim Burton
- October 4 - Birth of the son of our Goddess
- December 15 - Birth of the daughter of our Goddess
- December 21 - Release of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007 film) in the USA
Primary Teachings Edit
- Be yourself.
- Shed the corsets.
- Don't give a damn about other people's thoughts.
- Styling your hair into Mrs. Lovett's unique hair-dos, applying dark make-up and dancing around singing 'The Worst Pies in London' is perfectly normal for any Helenaist.
- All good things come to those who can wait.
- If you are British and loyal, you might enjoy Royal Marine. (though of course it tastes of whereever it's been.)
- Crucio your enemies (You have to mean it!)
- Kill first. Ask questions later.
- Being sent to Azkaban is cool.
- Stick to priest.
- Taking a whole bottle of xanax might be too much.
- Candy-stripe a cancer ward, it's not your problem.
- Before defeating a group of young teenage wizards in the Department of Mysteries, always be courteous enough to ask "how's mum and dad?"
- Combs are superfluous.
- Bovine is the greatest word in history.
- Not knowing what plugholes are for is okay.
- Multitasking is not a necessity.
- Having a bad memory is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Using words like 'bovine' is nifty, especially when sleep-talking.
- When ordering lawyer, you'd better have something else though to follow, since noone should swallow it twice.
- It has to be grocer, it's green.
- The trouble with poet is 'ow do you know it's deceased?
- It's not lying when you simply forgot to mention she wasn't dead.
- If one of your nostrils is larger than the other, that is okay.
- Multiple drinking (i.e. ordering multiple drinks) is the way to a balanced diet.
- You should strive to be a gay man at heart.
- The worst co-stars are mechanical talking fish.
- The best kind of whore is a musical whore.
- Drink Diet Coke.
- Don't be afraid to be imperfect. It's underrated.
- Throughout all eternity, I forgive you, you forgive me.
Helenaism Definitions Edit
- Helenation (all Helenaists together)
- Helenization (same as civilization, but Helena-style)
- Helename/Helenick (your H-W username)
- To Helenite
(to turn something ordinary in your every-day life into something Helena-related, eg: sticking Helena photos all over your schoolbooks ) ( I Helenite, you Helenite, he/she Helenites,...)
- To Helenize
(to convert someone to Helenaism, teach someone about the Helenaism-culture) (I Helenize, you Helenize, he/she Helenizes,...)
- To Helenag
(to nag someone constantly about Helena(ism), until they avoid, yell at or turn you in at the local police station) (I Helenag, you Helenag, he/she Helenags,...)
(ie: 'that is totally bovine')
- I Lovett
- Oh my Helena, or OMH, or OMFH.
- Laugh Out Loud, Helena (Lolh or LOLH)
- Holy Helena!
Deities and other Goddesses Edit
Marla Singer: Edit
This particular deity represents strong-willed women who come across as being complete nutcases. As well as being witty and intelligent, she is also a nymphomaniac and has been described as "the cause of everything." She's taught us that you can deal with schizophrenics and look awesome whilst doing so, plus she's fabulous in bed.
Bellatrix was a very talented witch, both an extremely skilled duelist and an Occlumens. Among her traits we can also find wickedness, madness and a somewhat childish manner. Her favorite curse is said to be "Crucio." She was described by Harry as a "Witch with prodigious skill and no conscience", proven by her many victories over other characters. She is responsible for the death of that blood traitor Sirius Black. She also quickly and single-handedly defeated four Snatchers and Fenrir Greyback. Another great achievement of Bellatrix was the deflection of a curse from Albus Dumbledore himself during the battle in the Department of Mysteries, proving her talent in the art of wizard duelling. Bellatrix had known all along that Severus Snape was not to be trusted and was working alongside Dumbledore, something Voldemort failed to pick up on. Bellatrix is to Voldemort as we (Helenaists) are to Helena (: OMH, we're her Death Eaters..Bovine Eaters! :D eh, maybe we should just stick to Helenaists or priest ;)
Nellie Lovett: Edit
Nellie Lovett, although somewhat mad, is the deity of food and drink and she is often portrayed with a tumbler of gin and some form of meat pie (the contents are never specified). She is a very maternal and loving goddess, however her affections are not always appreciated or returned. To prove full devotion, have "Spick and Span" as your motto; Sing at least three Sweeney Todd songs that Helena as Nellie Lovett is involved in once a day. She appears to be perfectly fine with the fact that the man she most desires doesn't notice her, and we shall all learn to be that cool and layed back. No, instead of giving up on Sweeney Todd, she helps him in his quest for Revenge and Vengeance, by making Mr. T's victims into delicious meat pies, and decides it's all worthwhile when he merely puts his hand on her knee. Mrs. Lovett proves to us that it's okay to be mad, and make The Worst Pies in London, because at the end of the day, if you Wait, all you need is to remain By the Sea, and you'll never be a Poor Thing.
Emily aka Corpse Bride: Edit
Emily represents death and the afterlife for Helenaists. She a kind, free-spirited and slightly naïve deity who believes a pulse is overrated.
Susan Ivey: Edit
Susan taught us we should ask the dentist if they've ever done it in the chair, do with the dentist in the chair, steal drugs from his surgery afterwards, run away with him and live happily ever after.
Julie taught us that being a stripper can have good outcomes and dancing with an umbrella is cute.She is also considered the deity of lightheartedness and we must remember her words: "Chill out!" in order to remain calm and happy. Julie is also the deity of stripping/dance and umbrella dancing. She loves to show off her tatas for the most loyal Helenaist. She is care free, loving and funny. She is willing to help a Helenaist in need. When you need to money to pay for a phone call start to play or sing Dancing Queen and she will be there to guide you home.
The Red Queen:Edit
Everyone needs a pig belly for their aching feet. She may sometimes be a little bossy and behave like a toddler. Every Helenaist needs to feel like a queen! To naysayers, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
Mother Bucket: Edit
Mother Bucket has revealed the answer to the age old question. Nothing goes better with cabbage than cabbage!
Lady Jane Grey: Edit
Lady Jane Grey taught us to be willful and stick to our ideas and wishes no matter what the consequences are or what others think. We must respect our true wishes even if this would outrage others, because this will ensure a feeling of pure happiness. Even when life is tough, we must be sincere with our feelings.
Ophelia is a romantic icon. She inspires us in being pure and loving and shows us how cool it is to be mad. So one of the teachings related to her would be to trust ourselves and our physical gestures and absurdities of the mind, do not repress them because they are beautiful.
Dinah is a somewhat dependent woman who teaches us that we all need to open out hearts to true love, even if it is to our brother-in-law. "And throughout all eternity, I forgive you, you forgive me."
Dr.Julia Hoffman: Dr Hoffman teaches us that we should drink BOURBON and we can be a very useless physiciatrist ,get away with sticking our noses in other peoples business and become A VAMPIRE!!!
Tim Burton Edit
Tim Burton is Helena Bonham Carter's lover, the father of her two children, and her SOULMATE. He is a movie director known for his gothic and eccentric, though childish and sensitive, style. He teaches us that, as artists, we must always do what we like, no matter what the others think.
- Billy Ray Burton
- Nell Burton
Johnny Depp Edit
Johnny Depp is a very talented actor which stared in many Tim Burton films and is Helena and Tim Burton's best friend and the godfather of Billy Ray. He has also starred in five movies alongside Helena. Helena has said that Johnny and her share similar traits both physical and psycalogical such as pale skin, big eyes, prominent cheekbones, hatred towards seeing themselves on screen and others. Johnny is an introvertit, but pleasant, good, and smart man. He is also known for his good looks. He has interpreted many wonderful characters, such as Edward Scissorhands, Willy Wonka and Sweeney Todd.
After Life Edit
If you follow the rules and carry out the rituals of this religion successfully, you will be gifted with an autographed picture of the great Helena, and spend your afterlife in a peaceful little cottage by the sea. If, however, you disrespect Helenaism by not following the rules, you will be shunned to Helena Hell, a flaming place resembling the inside of a bake-oven where you will be forced to make, bake, and eat your own human meat pies (in that order).
Sacred Sites Edit
- Belsize Park
- Golders Green
- Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pie Emporium; 186 Fleet Street-- Ground Level
- Mr. Todd's Tonsorial Parlor; 186 Fleet Street--Second Level
- Fleet Street
- St. Dunstan's Marketplace
- Azkaban Prison (somewhere in the North Sea; unplottable)
- Voldemort's Lair (Malfoy Manor)
- St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
- Hogwarts Castle; specifically Slytherin Common Room
- Dentist chair
- The holy hand prints in Leicester Square (placing one's hands within these is considered a great honour and a religious experience)
- Testicular Cancer Support Group (or really, any support group will do)
- Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Any Starbucks facility
- By The Sea; specifically the English Channel
- The Most Noble and Ancient House of Black (Number 12 Grimmauld Place; unplottable. Protected by Fidelius Charm.)
- Kodak Theatre in L.A.- Academy Awards held here.
Sacred Objects Edit
- Royal Baby Pram
- Pajama pants
- Bellatrix's wand (12 3/4 inch, Walnut, Dragon Heartstring)
- Plugholes (to plug things into!)
- Voldemort's goblet...
- A rolling pin
- Soundtracks of the movies she's in, particularly the Sweeney Todd soundtrack.
- Fake teeth
- Sweeney's razor blades
- DVD's of her movies
- DVD's of Tim Burton's movies
- DVD's of Johnny Depp movies
- Starbuck's coffee
- Marmite (only to be eaten by licking globs of it off of your fingers)
- Silk Cut cigarettes
- Ribbons (the ones you put in your hair)
- Books on which her movies were based
- Framed photographs of the beauty that Helena is
- Any book, movie or song that has the name Helena, Nellie, Marla etc...
- Your Helenaism Bible (this whole page printed out)
- Goji Berries
- Peppermint Tea
- Doc Martins
- Lulu Guiness Purse: "Put your pearls on girls"
- Cabbage soup (which is made with nothing but cabbage, since nothing goes better with cabbage than cabbage!)
- A Whole Bottle of Xanax
- Bridesmaid's dresses purchased for the price of 1 dollar
- Z-CoiL shoes
- Oompa Loompa heads (to be mounted on pianos)
- 'Helena' Hairspray
- Giant tricycle
- Bellatrix's wand, or a good imitation
- Diet Coke
Places of Worship Edit
- Helena-World.com (the forum especially)
- Fanpop.com (in the HBC spot)
- Belsize Park, London
- Golders Green
- In front of the computer; which includes helena-world, mrs-lovett.org, facebook fan pages, and various groups dedicated to her gorgeousness and eccentricity.
- Any Tumblr that is purely of Helena (fuck-yeah-helena-bonham-carter.tumblr.com, foreverhelena.tumblr.com, etc.)
- In front of television screen.
- In a theatre.
- In your own mind, daydreaming of our Goddess.
- A Rufus Wainwright concert
List of Helena Bonham Carter Movies & Television Appearances Edit
- A Pattern of Roses
- A Room with a View
- Lady Jane
- Miami Vice
- The Vision
- Hazard of Hearts
- Maschera, La (The Mask)
- Six Minutes with Ludwig
- Arms and the Man
- Getting It Right
- The Early Life of Beatrix Potter
- Brown Bear's Wedding
- White Bear's Secret
- Where Angels Fear to Tread
- Howards End
- Dancing Queen
- Fatal Deception: Mrs. Lee Harvey Oswald (Marina's Story)
- A Dark Adapted Eye
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Mighty Aphrodite
- Margaret's Museum
- Jeremy Hardy Gives Good Sex
- Twelfth Night: Or What You Will
- Portraits chinois
- The Great War and the Shaping of the 20th Century
- The Petticoat Expeditions
- The Wings of the Dove
- Keep the Aspidistra Flying
- The Revengers' Comedies
- The Theory of Flight
- Fight Club
- Women Talking Dirty
- The Nearly Complete and Utter History of Everything
- Planet of the Apes
- The Heart of Me
- Till Human Voices Wake Us
- Live from Baghdad
- Henry VIII
- Big Fish
- Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Conversations with Other Women
- Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- Corpse Bride
- Magnificent 7
- Sixty Six
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
- Terminator Salvation
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Alice in Wonderland
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II
- The King's Speech
- Life's Too Short
- Dark Shadows
- Great Expectations
- Les Miserables
- The Young And Prestigious Spivet
Who is Helena Bonham Carter? Edit
Helena Bonham Carter, daughter of Raymond Bonham Carter, a merchant banker; and Elena Bonham Carter (née Propper de Callejón), a psychotherapist, was born in Golders Green, London, England on May 26, 1966 and is the youngest of three children. She is the great-granddaughter of former Prime Minister Herbert H. Asquith and her blue-blooded family tree also contains Barons and Baronesses, diplomats, and a director, Bonham Carter's great-uncle Anthony Asquith, who made Pygmalion (1938) and The Importance of Being Earnest (1952), among others. Her cousin Crispin Bonham-Carter is also an actor.
After experiencing family dramas that included her father's stroke-which left him wheelchair-bound-and attending South Hampstead High School and Westminster School in London, Bonham Carter devoted herself to an acting career. This actually began in 1979 when, at age 13, she entered a national poetry writing competition and used her second place winnings to place her photo in the casting directory "Spotlight." She soon had her first agent and her first acting job, in a commercial, at age 16. She then landed a role in the made-for-TV movie "A Pattern of Roses" (1983) (TV), which subsequently led to her first lead in director James Ivory's tasteful adaptation of E.M. Forster's novel "A Room With a View" (1985), only her second film. She followed up this auspicious debut as a leading player assaying the uncrowned Queen of England, "Lady Jane Grey," in the eponymous film. In the first part of her career, she became a staple in what can be seen as an annex of the British Heritage industry, starring in more tasteful adaptations of British or anglo-American novels, such as the adaptation of E.M. Forster's "Maurice" (1987), her second film for James Ivory.
In hindsight, it is no coincidence that "Room," her first film under the Merchant-Ivory banner (director Ivory, producer Ismail Merchant, and screenwriter Ruth Jabha Prawler' ), proved to be the brand's big breakthrough on the big screen, ushering them into the big-time, with a good box office showing and full-blown Oscar recognition. In the two Merchant-Ivory films in which she was a major star, the brand scored their greatest success.
"Howards End" (1992) was the last film she made for Merchant-Ivory, and the brand's career eventually wound down without their good-luck charm, as Helena Bonham Carter was the real thing. Helena Bonham Carter possessed of an extraordinary look with her dark hair and eyes and porcelain skin. She also played a part in "Where Angels Fear to Tread" (1991)
Ironically, it was her turn as the undisputed star of the neo-Merchant-Ivory "Wings of the Dove" that brought her her Oscar nod. She was not only beautiful, she not only could act, but she was courageous. In "Wings," she arguably had the most explicit nude scene ever to be limned by an Oscar-nominated actress, but lost out to Helen Hunt.
Her acclaimed performance in Merchant Ivory's "The Wings of the Dove" in 1997 won her a Best Actress Academy Award nomination, a Golden Globe Best Actress nomination, a BAFTA Best Actress nomination, and a SAG Awards Best Actress nomination. It also won her a Best Actress Award from the National Board of Review, the Los Angeles Film Critics, the Boston Society Film Critics, the Broadcast Film Critics Association, the Texas Society of Film Critics, and the Southeastern Film Critics Association.
Other notable credits which followed include her appearance as Susan Ivey alongside Steve Martin in "Novacaine" (2001); her memorable performance as Marla Singer in David Fincher's neo-classic "Fight Club" (1999) opposite Edward Norton and Brad Pitt; Tim Burton's remake of "Planet of the Apes" (2001), in which she played an ape named Ari; Thaddeus O'Sullivan's "The Heart of Me" (2002), opposite Paul Bettany; and "Big Fish" (2003) , her second effort with Tim Burton in which she appeared as a witch.
Helena has also starred in Mick Jackson's "Live From Baghdad" (2002), alongside Michael Keaton, receiving a nomination for both an Emmy and a Golden Globe; Paul Greengrass' "The Theory of Flight" (1998), in which she played a victim of motor neurone disease; Trevor Nunn's "Twelfth Night" (1996), in which she played Olivia; opposite Woody Allen in his "Mighty Aphrodite" (1995); Mort Ransen's "Margaret's Museum" (1995), Kenneth Branagh's "Frankenstein" (1994), and Franco Zeffirelli's "Hamlet" (1990).
In between her many films Helena has also managed a few television appearances which include most recently her portrayal of Jacqui Jackson in "Magnificent Seven" (2005), the tale of a mother struggling to raise seven children - three daughters and four autistic boys; as Anne Boleyn in the two parter biopic of "Henry VIII"(2003) starring Ray Winstone; and as Morgan Le Fey alongside Sam Neill and Miranda Richardson in "Merlin" (1998). Earlier television appearances include Michael Mann's "Miami Vice" as Don Johnson's junkie fiancée, and as a stripper who wins Rik Mayall's heart in "Dancing Queen" (1993).
Helena has also appeared on stage in productions of "Trelawney of the Wells", "The Barber of Seville", "House of Bernarda Alba", "The Chalk Garden", and "Woman in White".
Often referred to as the "corset queen" or "English rose" because of her early work, Bonham Carter has continued to surprise audiences with magnificent performances in a variety of roles from her more traditional corset-clad characters and Shakespearian damsels; to the dark and neurotic anti-heroines of Fight Club (1999) and many of Tim Burton's films. Though consistently a versatile and engaging actress, Bonham Carter has never won a major American film award. However, she has received a number of critical awards and has been nominated for five Golden Globes, an Oscar, a SAG Award, and two Emmys.
Bonham Carter was nominated for a Golden Globe for the fifth time for her role in partner Tim Burton's film adaptation of the Steven Sondheim musical, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007), for which Burton and co-star Johnny Depp were also nominated. Since their meeting while filming "Planet of the Apes" (2001), Bonham Carter and Burton have made five movies together. They live in adjoining residences in London, sharing a connecting hallway, and have two children: Billy Ray Burton, 7, and Nell, who was born December 15, 2007. Ironically, a mutual love of Sweeney Todd was part of the initial attraction for the pair. Despite that, Bonham Carter has said in numerous interviews that her audition process for the role of Mrs. Lovett was the most grueling of her career and that, ultimately, it was Sondheim who she had to convince that she was right for the role.
In 2007 she also starred in "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" as Bellatrix Lestrange. Reprised her role for the 6th, 7th and 8th installments.
Why her? Edit
Because she is beautiful, talented, unique and she is an inspiration to many people. Helena Bonham Carter (or HBC for short) is a Goddess!
How often do I have to practise Helenaism? Edit
Every single day of your life, until you are taken away to your cottage by the sea.
Should I tell others about this? Edit
Of course!! SPREAD THE WORD OF HELENAISM!